It’s a bit early in the season, but Bayern Munich are sorting out all the crises early on. We’ve already had the spike crisis and the coaching crisis, now it’s time for the injury crisis.
We’re cheating a bit here because the seven first-team players who will miss tonight’s Champions League game against Viktoria Plzen aren’t injured, but that doesn’t matter because they can’t play anyway. Notable absences include teenage sensation Jamal Musiala, Alphonso Davies, the starting left back, and two starting center backs in Lucas Hernandez and Matthijs de Ligt.
At least Thomas Muller and Joshua Kimmich are back, but will they be enough to get Julian Nagelsmann past Pilsen? Normally we would say yes, but the results have not been easy to predict this season.
It’s Bayern time.
While you’re waiting for the game, why not check out our latest podcast episode? We look at Nagelsmann’s seasonal struggles at Bayern and the importance of upcoming matches. TL;DL, qualification for the round of 16 and Nagelsmann’s job could be at stake. Listen below or on Spotify.
Location: Doosan Stadium, Pilsen, Czech Republic
Weather: 9:00 p.m. local time, 3:00 p.m. EST
television/broadcast: Paramount+, Find your country
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! Were
mainlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all over the world, so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem to be represented on the blog.
- If the comment section starts to slow down for you, just hit the refresh button and keep commenting. It is not necessary to have all the comments loaded at once while you are just casually following them.
- Keep the rating on “latest” to easily follow the conversation. Puts the most recent comments at the top.
- Here at BFW we celebrate every goal like they do in the stadium: with a chant. The goal chants are for everyone to participate! Even if you’re falling behind everyone else, keep responding to the most recent call from the player name. Even if you missed the first call, start from the second, and so on.
- While profanity is allowed within reason, please be courteous to your fellow billers and avoid gratuitous profanity. Racist, homophobic and misogynistic language is absolutely not allowed.
Take a look at our beginners thread if you have more questions. That is all. Ouch geht’s!
Looking for an endless well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation about Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news, podcasts or something else entirely, we’ve got it all.