Everything you need to record, produce, mix, master and perform.
Studio One 6 makes creation quick and easy with an intuitive drag-and-drop workflow, smart new templates, a customizable user interface, and powerful built-in tools for end-to-end production.
Drag and drop. All.
Whether you’re a seasoned pro or new to recording, Studio One’s pioneering drag-and-drop workflow makes every creator’s process faster and easier:
Audio loops, virtual instruments and effects. Add plugins, audio files and more, even copy entire effect chains with just drag and drop. Collaboration. Simplified. Upload and download files to and from your shared PreSonus Sphere Workspaces with drag and drop. Sound replacement. Replace drum sounds with samples by simply dragging the source track onto an Impact XT track. Remix and rearrange. Rearrange or preview a new song structure or create an entirely new mix with the Arranger Track and Scratch Pads. NEW! Smart templates. Quick starts. Essential quick-start workflows for recording, mixing, mastering, producing beats, or simply playing a virtual instrument, all with a single click.
NEW! Customizable user interface.
The new Customization Editor lets you show or hide almost all tools and features, customizing the user interface to create a streamlined, focused workflow for the task at hand.
NEW! Introducing the video track.
Work on multiple reels of a movie or an entire YouTube video in a single session. The dedicated subtrack for embedded audio has its own mixer channel with output routing and plug-in processing options.
NEW! Industry leading letter support.
Add lyrics to your production, whether you’re working with MIDI, audio, or both. Even use your words to navigate your session!
Beat built-in crafting tools.
Make fast beats with built-in pattern editing and live looping. Patterns reinvent step sequencing, letting you effortlessly create drums, basslines, and synth tracks using variable sequence lengths, unlimited variations, and more.
Chord track and harmonic editing
From pop ballads to rap anthems, Chord Track lets you experiment with new chord progressions until your next hit song comes to life—no music theory degree required.
Mix sessions faster than ever.
Insert plug-in effects into a single audio event. Get the best start to your mix with the input gain and polarity controls on the console.
NEW! Channel Overview Window provides a consolidated view of all channel parameters to make it much easier to get the perfect mix. NEW! Change of attenuator. Intuitive one-click fader control of all channel sends to effects or Cue mixes. NEW! Tracking presets. Recreate your favorite mixing techniques quickly, from a single track to a full drum kit. Virtual instruments, sounds, and a complete set of native effects plugins. Fire up your imagination with hundreds of included samples and loops, plus world-class virtual instruments. Supercharge your mixes and get inspiration for your productions with Studio One’s complete set of included effects plug-ins.
NEW! Vocoder and De-Esser. From wild to smooth, the new Vocoder and De-Esser plugins are a vocal producer’s dream.
Modern composition tools. Studio One combines the best of traditional scoring and modern sequencing. You get advanced notation features from our award-winning Notion® notation software. Sound Variations make it easy to manage and control articulations in complex virtual instruments and orchestral libraries.
Studio > Stage > Broadcast.
Design an entire show by creating a set list using songs you’ve already created in Studio One, incorporating a mix of live instruments, pre-recorded tracks, and virtual instruments. Each song can have its own unique instrumentation and backing tracks.
Only Studio One Professional links songs to mastering projects, so you can update mixes as needed without losing fades, clip gain edits, or any other mastering work. Export mastered files in multiple formats with one click. Automatically adjust your digital releases for Apple Music, YouTube, Spotify and many more.
- The only DAW that lets you record, mix, produce, compose, master and perform all from one intuitive app
- Available standalone or as part of a PreSonus Sphere membership
- Intuitive single window work environment with quick and easy drag and drop and multi-touch support.
- Unlimited audio and instrument tracks, advanced automation features, virtual instruments, busses and FX channels
- NEW! Vocoder and De-Esser join the Studio One Professional Native plugin suite. 39 native effect plugins included.
- Analog console emulation with controls for overdrive, noise, and even true channel crosstalk, thanks to Mix Engine FX’s cross-channel processing
- Chord Track manipulates audio data and notes on any or all tracks for harmonic editing and song prototyping
- Perform live with the show page! Use your recorded assets to bring your studio sound to your show or live stream
- Five powerful virtual instruments including: Impact XT drum sampler; Presence XT virtual sample player; Mai Tai polyphonic analog modeling synthesizer; Mojito monophonic subtractive synthesizer; and Sample One XT live sampler and sample editor
- Patterns enable intuitive composition of drums and melodies through a familiar drum machine/step sequencer-style user interface
- NEW! The Customization Editor lets you instantly show or hide almost all tools and features to create a streamlined, focused workflow for the task at hand.
- NEW! Smart templates provide essential tool sets for basic recording, beat making, stem mixing, and more, with step-by-step guides and a convenient drop zone to easily import needed content such as audio, video, and video files. MIDI.
- NEW! Add lyrics to your sheet music, songs, audio mixes, productions, and live performances with the new Global Lyrics Track!
- NEW! Global Video Track provides an intuitive video workflow with familiar drag and drop functionality. Basic video editing functions include: cut/copy/paste, slide, sync and lock edit, ripple, duplicate and replace.
- NEW! Track presets store track and channel strip parameters for recall and use later, and even support track groups or track folders.
- NEW! Studio One 6 deepens the integration between your desktop application and your PreSonus Sphere Workspaces with convenient sharing and sync options right from the drop-down menu
- Computer System Requirements
- Studio One® is a 64-bit cross-platform DAW. While we do our best to ensure that Studio One works well on the widest possible range of computers, please read these specifications carefully to determine compatibility with your system.
- Windows 10 (64-bit only)
- Intel® Core™ i3/AMD A10 processor or better
- 4 GB RAM minimum (8 GB or more recommended)
- Mac OS
- macOS® 10.14 or higher (64-bit only)
- Intel® Core™ i3 or higher
- 4 GB RAM minimum (8 GB or more recommended)
- all computer systems
- Internet connection (required for installation and activation)
- 1366 x768 resolution monitor (Retina display recommended)
- A multi-touch enabled monitor with TUIO support is required for touch operation
- content storage
- 40 GB of free hard disk space (Studio One Professional)
- 20 GB of free hard disk space (Studio One Artist)