Olivia Wilde breaks silence on Jason Sudeikis custody battle

An unexpected battle. Olivia Wilde is breaking his silence about her and Jason Sudeikis‘ messy fight for custody of his two sons after he was publicly served with legal papers earlier this year.

“It was my workplace”, the 38-year-old man House alum said Variety in a cover story published on Wednesday, August 24. “In any other workplace, it would be seen as an attack. It was really annoying. It shouldn’t have been able to happen. There was a huge breach in security, which is really scary. The hurdles she had to overcome to get into that room with various badges, plus the special COVID tests that had to be done days in advance, giving her the necessary wristbands to get into the event – ​​this was something that required foresight. .”

The debacle occurred during a presentation of Wilde’s next film do not worry honey at CinemaCon in April. The director was given an envelope marked “personal and confidential” and us weekly confirmed at the time that there were custody papers inside.

Olivia Wilde addresses Jason Sudeikis custody battle for the first time

Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis. Image Press Agency/NurPhoto/Shutterstock; Willy Sanjuan/Invision/AP/Shutterstock

“I hated that this nastiness distracted me from the work of so many different people and the studio that I represented,” Wilde told the outlet. “Trying to sabotage that was really vicious. But he had a job to do; I am not easily distracted. But, you know, sadly, it wasn’t something that surprised me at all. I mean, there’s a reason I left that relationship.”

wild and the ted lasso star, 46, got engaged in 2013 and welcomed son Otis a year later. Her daughter, Daisy, was born in 2016. U.S confirmed in November 2020 that the actors, who have never married, have split after nearly a decade together.

“Olivia and Jason are better off as friends,” a source exclusively told. U.S in July 2021, noting that Wilde and the saturday night live alum were adjusting well to co-parenting. “They are doing their best to give their children a normal life. The children bring them back together as they are and always will be their number one priority.”

However, the following year, the couple’s post-breakup relationship became complicated. “Documents were drawn up to establish jurisdiction relating to the children of Ms. Wilde and Mr. Sudeikis,” a source revealed exclusively in April, adding that the Emmy winner did not know when the exchange would occur. “He would never approve of being treated in such an inappropriate way.”

Olivia Wilde addresses Jason Sudeikis custody battle for the first time

Olivia Wilde. Stewart Cook/Shutterstock

After the public surrender, Wilde filed her own set of documents in California and criticized her ex-fiancé’s “outrageous legal tactics.” the drinking buddies the actress argued in documents obtained by the daily mail earlier this month, “Jason’s actions were clearly intended to threaten me and catch me off guard. He could have discreetly served me, but instead he chose to serve me as aggressively as possible. The fact that Jason would embarrass me professionally and put our personal conflict on public display in this way is extremely contrary to the best interests of our children.”

the smart booking The principal explained in her presentation that she and Sudeikis initially agreed to keep their children in Los Angeles for the upcoming school year. However, the Virginia native reportedly had a change of heart, hoping to live with Otis and Daisy in New York City after they broke up. ted lasso Season 3 in London. “When I disagreed, since the children have not lived in New York for several years, Jason submitted these documents,” Wilde wrote.

Sudeikis, for his part, admitted he was unhappy with when and where Wilde was served in April. “Olivia’s talk was an important event for Olivia, both professionally and personally, and I am very sorry that the incident marred her special moment,” he wrote in response, noting that he did not want the documents to be delivered to Otis and Daisy’s school. or at the house of Wilde’s current boyfriend, Harry stylesin case the children “could be present”.

After the tug of war made headlines, a judge reportedly sided with the Independent Spirit Award winner in her bid to dismiss Sudeikis’ New York case, arguing that “New York has no jurisdiction.” to hear custody petitions since New York is not the state of origin.” of the subject children.”

Amid the public drama, Wilde’s sole focus is on Otis and Daisy, whom he called his “best friends” during his Variety interview. “The only people who suffered were my children, because they will have to see that, and they should never know that it happened,” he said of the CinemaCon incident. “For me, it was horrifying, but the victims were 8 and 5 years old, and that is very sad. I chose to become an actress; I voluntarily entered the care center. But it’s not something my kids have asked for. And when my children are dragged into that, it’s deeply painful.”

Listen to Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as each week Us editors break down the hottest entertainment news!
Listen on Google Play Music

See also  Appeals court rules DOJ can regain access to confidential documents seized in Trump search

Leave a Comment