Twitter is a popular microblogging platform for users to express their thoughts and ideas. If you use Twitter regularly, at some point you will have come across tweets that contain different types of media, including photos, videos, and GIFs.
While the official Twitter app for iPhone allows you to save images to your device, it does not support downloading videos. However, it turns out that there are several ways to download Twitter videos on iPhone.
So if you recently came across a video on Twitter that you want to be able to save to watch later, here are some of the best methods to download Twitter videos on iPhone.
Method 1: Download Twitter Videos on iPhone with Shortcuts
Shortcuts is a scripting app on iPhones, iPads, and Macs that lets you create macros (called shortcuts) to perform specific tasks on your device. Furthermore, you can also download shortcuts created by others and use them, which is what we will do here.
First, go to the TVDL v3.1 shortcut page. You will now get a message asking you to open the shortcut in the Shortcuts app. Paste Open. Now he touches the add shortcut on the shortcuts page, which should be added to your shortcut gallery.
With the shortcut added, open the Twitter app and follow these steps to download any Twitter video on your iPhone:
- Open the tweet that contains the video you want to save to your iPhone.
- Click on the Share button and select share via from the share menu option.
- Scroll down and select TVDL v3.1 in the Share Sheet menu.
- Since this is the first time you are running the shortcut, you will be prompted to give the shortcut permission to send the video to the TVDL app.
- Paste always allow.
- Finally, select the desired video quality in the next prompt.
TVDL should have downloaded your video now, and you can find it within the Photos app.
Method 2: Download Twitter Video on iPhone Using AnySave App
AnySave is an iOS app that makes it easy to download videos from different social media websites including Twitter. So if you are not familiar with Shortcuts app and want an easier way to download Twitter videos on your iPhone, then you can use AnySave app.
Get started by downloading the AnySave app on your iPhone from the Apple App Store using the link below. Once the app is installed, follow these steps to download any Twitter video using it:
- Go to the tweet that contains the video you want to download on Twitter and copy its link.
- Start the AnySave app.
- AnySave will automatically paste the copied video link from your iPhone’s clipboard into the URL field. But if not, tap on the Paste from clipboard button to paste the link yourself.
- Hit the Save money button.
- Since this is the first run of AnySave, you’ll need to agree to its terms and conditions on the next screen and also allow the app to access your Photos app.
As soon as you do this, AnySave will download and save the Twitter videos to your Photos app.
Method 3: Download Twitter Videos on iPhone with a Video Download Service
Just like dedicated video downloading apps, there are many websites that make video downloading on iPhone easy. TWSaver, Twitter Video Downloader, SSSTtwitterand SaveTweetVid are some of the popular Twitter video download websites that you can use.
To download videos using any of these, first, copy the link of the video you want to save to your iPhone. Next, open any web browser, be it Safari, Chrome, or Brave, and visit any of these websites using the above link.
After this, enter the copied URL of the video in the search box and press the button Discharge button.
Depending on the service you are using, you may get an option to choose the video format or quality in which you want to download the video. Select the appropriate option and you should find the saved video in your Photos library.
In some of these downloaders, after pressing the Discharge button, you will see a pop-up window with two options: View Y Discharge. Click Discharge in this message to start downloading the video. On the other hand, when you hit Discharge on some other services, video playback will start instead. In this case, you must click the Share button and select save to files to download and save the video to your iPhone.
Any Twitter video that you download using any of the video download services is saved in the Files app. However, you can save it to the Photos library by opening the video, pressing Shareand selecting Save video of the available options.
Method 4: Download a Twitter Video on iPhone Using a Twitter Bot
A Twitter bot is essentially a Twitter account dedicated to performing a specific operation. It is controlled via the Twitter API and depending on what you intend to do, it performs the desired function accordingly.
Downloading videos from Twitter is one of the many applications of Twitter bots. So if you download Twitter videos very often, or want a solution that doesn’t require you to use another app or website, you can use a dedicated bot to download a Twitter video without leaving the Twitter app.
@SaveVidBot is the most popular video downloader bot on Twitter, and that is what we will demonstrate in this guide. Follow these steps to use this bot to download a Twitter video:
- Open the tweet that contains the video you want to download.
- Leave a comment below that tweet tagging SaveVidBot, like so: @Savevidbot.
- Wait for SaveVidBot response. When it returns a download link for the video, tap it to open it within Twitter’s built-in web browser. Hit the Share icon and select Save video.
- Alternatively, after opening the video download link, click the Safari icon in the bottom right corner to open the link in Safari. Then hit the Share icon and select save to files.
Save any Twitter video to your iPhone to watch later
Downloading Twitter videos on iPhone is not as difficult as it may seem at first, thanks to the various apps and services that make it possible. We hope that you will be able to download the video you want using the methods listed in this guide and that you will be able to play it without any problem.
However, keep in mind that downloading videos from Twitter is fine as long as it’s for personal use; downloading them for distribution is not recommended and may cause you problems.
FAQs about downloading videos from Twitter on iPhone
There are various ways to download Twitter videos on iPhone. You can do this using a shortcut in the Shortcuts app or use a dedicated Twitter bot for downloading videos. However, if you want a faster and easier way to download Twitter videos to your iPhone, you can use one of the dedicated apps and services.
One app we recommend using is AnySave. It’s free, easy to use, and also allows you to download images, GIFs, and music. Furthermore, the app also works with other social networking websites, such as Instagram and Facebook. So if you also use any of these websites then this app can be really helpful.
If you want to download Twitter videos on your iPhone, there are various video downloaders that you can use. Many of these tools offer the flexibility to select the download format and video quality, giving you control over your downloads.
Here are some good Twitter video downloaders that you can use to download videos on your iPhone (or even any other device):
If you want to download a Twitter video on your iPhone using the Chrome browser, you can do so using any of these Twitter video download services: TWSaver, Twitter Video Downloader, SSST Twitter, SaveTweetVid.
This is how this is done:
- Go to the tweet that contains the video you want to download and copy its URL (or link).
- Open Google Chrome on iPhone and click the link of any of the Twitter video downloaders listed above to open it.
- Once the download page opens, enter the video URL you copied earlier in the URL or Video Link field and press the button Discharge button (or something equivalent).
- Depending on the service you are using, you may see options to select the video file format or its quality. Choose one accordingly to download the video in your desired format and quality.
The best way to download Twitter videos without using an app is to use one of the many brilliant Twitter bots. Bots like @savevidbot, @downloaderbot, and @GetVideoBot. The other option is to use the iOS shortcuts (TVDL 3.1 shortcut) as explained in the guide above. Finally, you can use an online video download service like SaveTweetVid.com
Did you find this article useful