The Sims 4 has become a free game! With millions of players and a vibrant community, The Sims 4 is a great game for building houses and even building your own virtual society.
If you’re itching to get into the game, but don’t want to shell out bucks for it, here’s your chance. This is how you can download The Sims 4 for free, no matter what gaming platform you are on.
How to get The Sims 4 on Windows
EA Games first released The Sims 4 for Windows. The game was released in disc and digital-only format in 2014. However, a lot has changed since then. To get The Sims 4, you must download the game using Steam or the EA app.
Steam is one of the many apps and websites from which you can download games. Consequently, it makes sense for EA to make its games available there. This is how you can get The Sims 4 on Steam.
- Launch the Steam app, type The Sims 4 in the search bar and select the first result.
- On The Sims 4 page, click Play a game. This will open a new installation window.
- Continue with the installation process. Once this is complete, you can now start playing The Sims 4.
In addition to The Sims 4, you can also find other great titles on Steam. As long as you know how to find the best games Steam has to offer, you’ll never be bored again. But if you don’t have the app yet, here’s how you can install Steam on your PC.
If you are a fan of EA games, you can download the EA app instead of Steam. You can also go this route if you are subscribed to Xbox Game Pass for PC or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate as it is included in the subscription. Here’s how to use your EA Play subscription in the EA app with Xbox Game Pass.
But even if you don’t have an Xbox subscription, you can still enjoy The Sims 4 through the EA app. Just follow these steps:
- Launch the EA app. About him search bar near the top of the window, type The Sims 4 and press enter.
- Click The Sims 4 result, then press the Discharge button.
- Once the download and installation is complete, press the button Play button on The Sims 4 page.
With that, you can start enjoying The Sims 4 on your Windows PC via Steam or the EA app. But if you’re on a Mac, don’t worry. You can still play The Sims 4, but you have to use another EA service.
How to get The Sims 4 on Mac
A quarter of a year after The Sims 4 was originally released, EA made the game available on macOS. Unfortunately, the game does not have a macOS version on Steam, and the EA app is not available on Mac.
So to get The Sims 4 on your Apple computer, you have to use Origin instead.
- Download and install the Origin app on your Mac. Don’t forget to give the app all necessary permissions after opening it for the first time.
- After logging in, click the Search bar and type The Sims 4. Click on the appropriate search result.
- In The Sims 4 page click add to library. In the Added to your library window, click Download with Origin.
- Once the download is complete, go to my game library and click The Sims 4. In the window that appears, click Play.
With that, you can now enjoy creating Sims and giving them their lives on your Mac for free.
How to download and play The Sims 4 on Xbox Series X|S
Although The Sims 4 is not available in the Xbox app on Windows PC, you can find it on the Xbox console itself. Here’s how to install The Sims 4 on your Xbox.
- Go to the Store on your Xbox home screen and click Search.
- Write The Sims 4; you should see it in the Suggested Results tab above your text input.
- Select The Sims 4 game and press A on your Xbox controller.
- To choose Install on The Sims 4 page.
- Once the installation is complete, click the button xbox button on your controller, and you should see the game listed below my games and apps.
- Click on the game and you should be able to start playing. The Sims 4 free on your Xbox.
With that, you can start designing houses and building Sim families on your Xbox.
How to download and play The Sims 4 on PlayStation 5
If you’ve managed to get your hands on Sony’s ninth-gen console, you can also get The Sims 4 for free. Here’s how to get it on your PS5 console.
- On the PlayStation 5 home screen, navigate to the playstation store.
- In PlayStation Store, click the search iconand write The Sims 4.
- In the search results, click The Sims 4 to open the game page.
- Once you are on the game page, choose Discharge.
- Once the download is complete, you can start playing The Sims 4 from your library.
With that, you can start playing The Sims 4 on your PlayStation 5. Build the houses you want and have your Sims do things you can only imagine in real life right on your PS5 console.
Enjoy The Sims 4 for free
The Sims 4 is an exciting and fun game that allows players to exercise their creativity. And now that it’s free, more people can get in on the fun. So whether you’re a PC enthusiast, Mac devotee, Xbox gamer, or PlayStation fanatic, you can get The Sims 4 and be a part of SimNation.