The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (3-3) will face a familiar opponent when they host the Virginia Cavaliers (2-4) on Thursday, Oct. 20, 2022, at Bobby Dodd Stadium at Historic Grant Field, in an ACC matchup. . Watch below for more important details, including how to watch this game on FuboTV.
How to watch Georgia Tech vs. Virginia
Betting information for Georgia Tech vs. Virginia
Georgia Tech and Virginia Statistics
- Georgia Tech’s average points scored this season, 17.3, is 7.5 fewer than the 24.8 Virginia has given up per game.
- Virginia has forced seven more turnovers this season (11) than Georgia Tech has (4).
- Georgia Tech has allowed opponents an average of 28.0 points per game this year, 10.2 more than the 17.8 Virginia has put on the board per competition.
- Virginia has committed three more turnovers this season (15) than Georgia Tech has forced (12).
Georgia Tech players to watch
- Jeff Sims has thrown for 1,068 yards (178.0 ypg) to lead Georgia Tech, completing 58.8% of his passes and recording five touchdown passes and two interceptions this season. He also rushed for 301 yards (50.2 ypg) on 84 carries with a rushing touchdown.
- Hassan Hall’s team-high 330 rushing yards (55.0 per game) have come on 61 carries this year.
- Team-leading Nate McCollum’s 283 receiving yards (47.2 yards per game) have come on 29 receptions with a touchdown.
- EJ Jenkins has amassed 160 receiving yards (26.7 yards per game) and two touchdowns on 11 passes this year.
- Malachi Carter’s nine catches have netted him 158 yards (26.3 ypg) and one touchdown.
Virginia Players to Watch
- Brennan Armstrong has thrown for 1,363 yards (227.2 ypg) to lead Virginia, completing 55% of his passes and collecting five touchdown passes and seven interceptions this season. He also rushed for 195 yards (32.5 ypg) on 68 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s best running back, Perris Jones, has carried the ball 64 times for 320 yards (53.3 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- Team-leading Keytaon Thompson’s 449 receiving yards (74.8 yards per game) have come on 41 receptions.
- Dontayvion Wicks has amassed a season-high 317 yards so far (52.8 receiving yards per game) with one touchdown, carrying 25 passes.
- Lavel Davis’ 14 receptions this season resulted in 293 yards (48.8 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Regional restrictions apply.